Top 7 December Events in the Palm Springs Area
Weather conditions are perfect for outdoor activities from October to May in the
Coachella Valley with December officially marking the beginning of the winter season.
Here is a list of the top 7 things to do in the Coachella Valley this December.
1. Festival of Lights - December 2nd Festival of Lights Parade in the city of Palm Springs is an annual event that is celebrated by the locals and the visitors on the streets of the city. It is celebrated to mark the start of the official holiday season. The 25th edition of this annual event will be celebrated this year on December 2nd. The venue will be held along Palm Canyon Drive in the Palm Springs Downtown area where thousands of people will gather to watch the performing groups, marching bands and floats decorated with beautiful and colorful lights. Of course Santa Claus will be in attendance along with huge Macy's balloons to attract everyone.
2. New Year Eve Countdown - December 31st
Do not miss out on the New Year eve countdown if you are in Coachella Valley in December. It will be the 3rd edition of this annual event which will be organized at Spa Resort Casino situated at 401E Amado Road in Palm Springs from 8PM December 31st until 1AM in the New Year. There will be an outdoor concert by Plain White T’s starting at 10:30PM. Ring in the New Year by enjoying music and dancing at this New Year Eve Countdown party.
3. Santa Fly In - December 9th
It will be a great time for all the kids on the 9th of December when Santa Claus arrives in his air plane to meet all good boys and girls. He will not only sit and spend time with the kids but will also pose for photographs and give away gifts to the kids. Santa will bring ice directly from the North Pole to open Winter Fun Land at Palm Springs Air Museum. The event will be organized from 11AM to 1PM on December 9th.
4. Indio International Tamale Festival - December 2nd & 3rd
You cannot miss this great extravaganza of music and food that is held on the first weekend of December in downtown Indio. The Indio International Tamale Festival is free for all and free parking makes it easy for the everyone to come and enjoy the music and food. This year, the Indio International Tamale Festival will be held on December 2nd & 3rd. This southern California holiday tradition has been held every year since 1992. In addition to delicious food, there is live music for everyone to enjoy.
5. Walk of the Inns - December 7th
Walk of the Inns is a unique festival celebrated in Palm Springs. It provides a holiday feel to the visitors and locals in the Palm Springs area as they get a guided walking tour of the hotels in the city. Walk of the Inns gives an opportunity to everyone to absorb a bit of history about boutique properties in the Palm Springs area. All hotels and Inns in the historic Tennis Club area of the city have special events to make the tour exciting for everyone. The event not only showcases small hotels of the area but also spreads holiday cheers among the people.
6. Paw's and Claus - December 17th
Paw's and Claus is an annual event where pet owners bring their cats and dogs of all sizes and breeds to meet and have their photo taken with Santa Claus. This year, the event will be held at The Gardens on El Paseo December 17th from10AM until 1PM. Do not forget to attend this event with your family and furry friends in Palm Desert if you happen to be in the Coachella Valley this December.
7. Palm Desert First Weekend - December 1st-3rd
As the name suggests, this festival is held on the first weekend of every December in the city of Palm Desert. This festival of art, music, food, and fashion attracts large number of people. There is a street party with people dancing to live music. Other attractions include hikes and kid zones. Visit Palm Desert First Weekend with your family to have a great time in Coachella Valley this December. All events organized during this weekend are free so feel free to bring along your friends.